Friday, March 30, 2007

Grand Theft Auto: For Realz

I was in San Francisco recently and I was able to do a little sightseeing.

My fiancee, Erin, and I were taking a stroll from the market district to Fisherman's Wharf. The walk was long and we decided it would be a great opportunity to try out one of those famous cable cars.

It was a sunny day in San Fran and the line up was packed with smiling tourists and excited kids. We lined up in the queue and waited as the trolley pulled up.

We were the last two to make it on the trolley and we made our way to an open section of floor where we could stand and look out the window at the beautiful sights of San Francisco.

It was just then that I remembered where I recognized this place from!

Grand Theft Auto! The city was completely identical.

I whispered this over to Erin, but she couldn't hear me over the buzz of the trolley and its assembled guests. She shrugged quizzically.

I shouted over the rabble in order to be heard.

"I said that I stabbed some guy over there!", I beamed, "then I shot a cop in the face!"

The bus quieted down quickly. I gave a reassuring laugh and mumbled something about video games to the driver. We got off at the next stop and Erin punched me in the neck.

I deserved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home